There are many ways of getting to India and then to Puri. It is up to your choice if you want an expensive and comfortable way or an inexpensive and less comfortable means of transportation. There are some options available below how to reach Puri, please choose the way you find the suits to you.
Puri is 60 km from the domestic
airport which is in Bhubaneswar, the capital city of Odisha. Bhubaneswar is connected
by air with flights to major Indian cities like New Delhi, Calcutta, Visakhapatnam,
Ranchi, Chennai and Mumbai etc. All major domestic airlines like Air Deccan, Jetlite,
Kingfisher, Indian Airlines have daily flights to/from Bhubaneswar. The nearest
International Airport is at Calcutta (Kolkata).
Travellers flying from Europe or America (east): The best way to reach Puri is to fly either to Calcutta (Kolkata), Mumbai (Bombay) or Delhi and then fly to Bhubaneshwar.
Travellers flying from Australia or California could fly directly to Chennai (Madras) or Calcutta (Kolkata) and then fly to Bhubaneshwar.
Puri is the last point of South Eastern Railway. A major rail head on the South
Eastern Railway, Puri has fast and superfast train connections to Calcutta, New
Delhi, Chennai, Banglore, Mumbai and other major cities and towns of the country.
Some of the important trains from New Delhi:
1) Purshottam Express Leaves New Delhi on Day 1 and arrives at Puri on Day 3 (the distance is about 1866 kms) journey Time approx 31 hours
2) Puri Express Leaves New Delhi on Day 1 and arrives at Puri on Day 2 (the distance is about 1794 kms) journey Time approx 30 hours
3) Neelachal Express Leaves New Delhi on Day 1 and arrives at Puri on Day 2 (the distance is about 1910 kms) journey Time approx 35 hours
Some of the trains from Calcutta (Kolkata):
1) Howrah-Puri Express leaves Calcutta on Day 1 and arrives at Puri on Day 2 (the distance is about 502 kms) journey Time approx 9 hours
2) Howrah-Puri SriJagannath Express leaves Calcutta on Day 1 and arrives at Puri on Day 2 (the distance is about 502 kms) journey Time approx 9 hours
Some of the trains from New Delhi to Bhubaneswar:
1) Sampark Kranti Express leaves new Delhi on Day 1 and arrives at bhubaneswar on Day 2 (the distance is about 1799 kms) journey Time approx 29 hours
2) Rajdhani Express leaves new Delhi on Day 1 and arrives at Puri on Day 2 (the distance is about 1724 kms) journey Time approx 23 hours
There is an official Indian railways website where you can find all the necessary information, including time table and fares. You can also book tickets online. This website accepts all major credit cards.
Click here for Train Time table and Information: www.indianrail.gov.in
Click here to book tickets online: www.irctc.co.in
For your convenience we are giving the Indian Ralways station codes for some of the cities below:
New Dlehi: NDLS
Calcutta (Kolkata) : HWH
Madras (Chennai) : MAS
Bombay (Mumbai): BCT
Kharagpur JN: KGP
Puri is linked with Bhubaneswar by
state highway no.8 and Bhubanaswar is situated along the National
Highway no.5 connecting Chennai and Kolkata. The best way to go from Bhubaneswar to Puri is on one of the State Govt. buses, mini buses and tourist buses leaving from Bhubaneswar main bus stand (Known as Baramunda), and from the petrol station opposite the Ashok Hotel (Kalpana Square).
They take approximately 2 hours to reach Puri. There are also Private Taxis (Cabs) going to Puri, but they are more costlier.
If you are hiring private taxi (cab) then on your way to Puri you can visit three important toursit destinations, they are
Pipili (famous for Applique Work), Sakhigopal (famous for Lord Krishna Temple) and Raghurajpur (famous for Pattachitra Paintings). All these destinations are within 2 kilometers reach from the main Puri-Bhubaneswar road.
|Distance of Puri from major Cities of India|
|NEW DELHI||1805 Km|